There are a variety of tools available on the web that can help businesses save money, while reducing their carbon footprint as well. Industry Canada has a whole lot of tools that can be used to help you encourage eco-efficient practices within your business.
If you focus on ways to create an eco-efficient workplace, you will be able to do the following:
- Show consumers that your brand is environmentally friendly
- Have a competitive edge over your competitors
- Reduce the size of your carbon footprint
- Meet federal codes and regulations with ease
- Cut down on your energy costs
Here are a few things that you should do to encourage eco-efficiency:
- Increase your energy efficiency to its potential
- Cut back on the materials that you use in the workplace
- Choose suppliers that are also eco-friendly
- Recycle and reuse whenever possible
Here are some of the most frequently used web tools to help improve your eco-efficiency in the workplace:
- ENERGY STAR Simple Savings Calculator – helps you to see the savings associated with energy-efficient products.
- Industry Canada Three Steps to Eco-Efficiency – helps you to create an eco-efficiency program that will help you set goals and reach those goals.
- Metro Vancouver SmartSteps – helps you to identify the steps that should be followed in order to make a difference.
If you want to become more eco-efficient, you will definitely want to use these online tools to get you started.