If you are just starting a new business, or you are ready to venture out and stop working from home, then you may want to consider sharing office space. This is also known as coworking. It comes with a variety of different benefits.
Coworking spaces are basically offices that are shared with other business owners that also want to save money, but need an office space to call their own. You have options when it comes to renting office space. You can rent it by the hour, by the day, or by the month. If you are ready to start up your own office, but you don’t really need an entire building, you will find coworking to be a flexible option.
What amenities can you expect to find in a coworking space?
- A friendly receptionist that can answer the phone for you, take messages, schedule meetings, and sort your mail.
- Access to frequently used office equipment such as a scanner, copy machine and fax machine.
- Access to boardrooms or conference rooms that can be used to meet privately with clients.
- Access to high speed wireless internet.
- Access to a break room or kitchen area.
If you are considering coworking, but are unsure if it is the right option for you, you may want to think about these facts:
- It will provide you with a professional location to meet with your clients.
- It will give you a good place to network and meet likeminded business oriented people.
- It will help you to avoid unwanted distractions that may come about when working from home.
- It will help you to feel more productive when it comes to your work.
- It is flexible, which is great for those companies that have fluctuating clientele.
- It is great if you are new to the area and are unsure of where you want to set up your office.
These are definitely some things to think over. If you are pretty sure that coworking is a good option for you, but you want to get a feel for it, you may want to drop by a coworking facility and take a tour. You will be able to meet the people in the office and really get a good feel for it. You will also be able to see if the coworking space will meet your specific business needs.
If you are a business that deals with a great deal of confidentiality, you will also want to make sure that the space offers privacy. See if there are private meeting rooms that can be used from time to time in order to protect confidential information. Also, if you are working on a computer network in the coworking space, it is important to ensure that your data is protected and secure. Taking care of your client’s confidentiality is of utmost importance in the business world.