With the increase in technology, the use of Smartphones is growing quickly across the globe. People are able to access the internet directly from their phones. More and more people are using this as their primary way to surf the net .If you want to reach more people, you might want to think about having a mobile website developed.
So, what exactly is the difference between a traditional site and a mobile website? Mobile sites are made to be easily navigated with the use of a small hand-held device. They are usually simpler to use and cut out a lot of the unnecessary images and content that is slow to load. Most mobile sites are designed specifically for those people that navigate the web from the palm of their hand.
If you are considering creating a mobile site, you will want to make sure that you use these tips:
- Designing your content for people who are on the go
- Incorporating easy to click links that make your site easier to navigate
- Make sure that the site is simple and easy to use, without clutter
- Make the content on your site easy for people to find
If you have already created a mobile website, you will definitely want to make sure that you promote it. You can do this with careful selection of meta tags and keyword based optimization. This will help the search engines to be able to find you easier. You can also link your site with popular mobile web directories, which can help to bring more people to your site.
Here are a few other ways to get people to your new mobile website:
- Word of mouth – telling your clients about the mobile site will drive current clients to use your site
- Quick Response codes – QR codes are great because they send customers directly to your site without having to type in the web address
- Email signature – by adding a link under your email signature, you can send a clear call to action
- Social Media – posting blogs or updates on social media feeds about your site can really help to spread the word
- Newsletters – if your company has a newsletter, consider writing a short article that highlights your new mobile site
- Promotions – what better way to drive customers to your site than by offering promotions that are only available for mobile users?
People have definitely noticed the growing trend of mobile based web use, so ensure that your business is up to speed by having a mobile website in place.