Even the smallest business can make a difference in Canada when it comes to being charitable. A few things to consider include making cash donations, volunteering your time and efforts, and donating goods or services.
When you support a charitable cause you are able to:
- Contribute to important causes
- Build your reputation
- Improve your networking
- Get increased media coverage
- Allow your employees an opportunity to acquire new skills
- Get more tax credits
There are a lot of charities that are registered in Canada (more than 85,000 actually). Here are a few things to consider when you are looking for a charity to help:
- Look for charities with a cause that means a lot to you and your employees
- Consider the charities that will use your donations wisely, and make a big difference.
- Look for the charities that are local, as this will help to promote your own community.
Other ways that you can make a difference:
- Conduct a charity sales event
- Donate products or services from your company to the charity of your choice
- Get your employees to help out with charity events
- Match donations made by your employees
- Use social media and the internet to your advantage
If you are looking for a way to improve your business dynamic, you will definitely want to consider being charitable.