The cost involved in replacing stolen assets and frustration can be mitigated to some extent by installing GPS tracking devices on valuable assets.
A GPS tracking device can track your assets. Some tracking devices can provide tracking data in less than 10 seconds, depending on the service plan. Service plans are approximately $1 per day per device. Before deciding on a GPS tracking device consider the following questions:
- Does your company own expensive equipment?
- Has your company suffered any theft of equipment or property in past years?
- Is your equipment left unattended or unguarded for a long period or overnight?
- Is the asset or worth investing $1 per day for a GPS tracking device?
- Can there be insurance premium reductions for installing these devices?
If you answered yes to any above questions, a GPS device may serve you well, since replacement can be more expensive than purchase, and sometimes, replacement is not possible. This is particularly true for one-of-a-kind objects. By installing GPS tracking devices on your assets there may be discounts on insurance premiums.
- Advantages of an asset GPS tracking device include:
- Notification when an asset is moved.
- Stolen equipment can be traced in many cases.
- GPS service provides information useful to law enforcement for recovery.