Marketing sponsorships can prove to provide you a lot of great value. This goes above and beyond branding and promoting traffic to your site. Today’s marketers are looking for ways that they can get more out of their marketing sponsorships. A great way to do this is to use the benefits of SEO to your advantage. If you want to improve your sponsorships through SEO, you will want to make sure that you know about all of the different types of sponsorships out there.
Print, Television, and Radio
Using traditional media forms, such as print, TV and radio can prove to be an effective way to get people to your site. The only problem with it is that it doesn’t really help boost your SEO much at all. You can leverage your site traffic to help promote your SEO, but this can be quite tricky. If you offer people special incentives for visiting your site, you will want to make sure that they are sharing this offer with their friends through social media. This can help the search engines to pick up on your site more often.
Advertorials are great when it comes to boosting your SEO. That is, if they are put together right. Here are a few things that you need to consider when you are putting together an advertorial:
- Page Rank – Google will usually not focus too much on your PageRank, or at least not as much as they once did. It is still a great way to learn more about outbound links on your page.
- Relevancy – Is your page relevant? Sites that link back to your site are great, if they are relevant to what you have to offer. You can find linking partners to work with within your industry to help boost your rankings.
- Outbound Links – This is sometimes something that people tend to overlook. Outbound links from a site can sometimes be viewed as spam on the search engines. If you are offered an advertorial on a page that is filled with other sponsors, then you might want to pass up the offer.
Social media sponsorships have proven time and time again to be very valuable in the SEO industry. Social media networks are growing continuously. With that in mind, it is likely that the social media sponsorships are going to become more valuable as well. If companies have a lot of Facebook fans and Twitter followers, chances are they will be a great company to work with. You have to focus on a company’s popularity when it comes to social media.
Video sponsorships can be very helpful when it comes to placing ads on video based sites like YouTube. The placement of these ads can really help to boost traffic to your site, but it really doesn’t do much along the lines of SEO. That is, unless you get them out on a widely used site like YouTube.
Some sponsorships will give you a listing in their sponsor section. This is a listing that can be used as a directory. This is something that really is very helpful in the SEO world. Here are some things to consider before you agree to be added to directory listings:
- PageRank – make sure that you are aware of the page rank of the site that is offering to feature you in the sponsor section. The higher their rank, the better it will be.
- Description – Make sure that you are featured on their sponsor page, but they also give you an opportunity to provide a description of your company. It might be helpful if they will allow you to use your company logo as well.
As you can see, sponsorships can really help you boost your SEO efforts when done correctly.