This day and age, small businesses are doing fewer face to face conferences and more video conferencing. It not only helps to save time, but can also save small businesses a lot of money. There are many different video conferencing platforms, and a video conference can be just as effective as a regular conference. If you are new to video conferencing, then you might want to consider the following tips.
- When you are getting ready for a video chat, you will want to make sure that you take a look at your background. You will want to broadcast the conference with as little background movement and noise as possible. It is best if you don’t have any distractions going on in the background if you really want the quality of the conference to be good.
- It might seem like it would be easy to do some multitasking during your conference calls, but you should never forget that you will be on camera. You should wait until after the conference is over to check your emails on your phone and reply to messages. Even if you are tempted to do so, just wait until the call is over.
- Just because you are having the conference via video chat does not mean that you should not dress professionally. You will want to make sure that you wear something similar to what you would wear for a regular conference.
- If possible, try to make sure that you keep the lighting and the camera position in your considerations. While you are not filming a new release movie for theaters, it is recommended that you hold the call in an area that is well lit and have the camera angled correctly.
- Video conferences require the same business etiquette that a regular business meeting would require. You should introduce yourself to everyone, stay on topic, start on time, and not be rude or interrupt others.